The Bridge of Flowers is the only one of its kind in the world. Built in 1908 as a trolley bridge across the Deerfield River, between the towns of Shelburne and Buckland, the 400-foot, five arch concrete span was abandoned with the passing of the trolley line 1928.
Antoinette and Walter Burnham's vision of transforming the structure into a flower bridge became a reality in 1929. The project was spearheaded by the Shelbrne Falls Woman's Club and is still under their leadership through the Bridge of Flower Committee.
Over 500 varieties of annuals and perennials are planted and tened by local volunteers who work with the head gardner and her assistant to ensure continuous blooming throughout the season.
Open from early spring through late fall